CHRO 2018 is an online, virtual conference brought to you by The HR Congress.
This high level event is focusing on the evolving role of the CHRO in the digital business era. Never have HR leaders had to handle so much change so fast. The current business environment confronts them endlessly with perplexing decisions and opportunities. Talent needs can change from quarter to quarter rappidly and the market for talent in general is hyper-competitive. In addition digitization is in the core center of most organizations. As confirmed by Bersin by Deloitte report, when HR is in charge the organization is 2.5 times more likely to succeed in its digital transformation journey. The CHRO therefore plays a critical role in such transformation in three ways.
• The first is really working at aligning the leadership team and coaching both the CEO and the top team in providing the align message and leadership for the company and for the transformation.
• The second is never wasting a good transformation: to use it as an accelerated boot camp for developing the future organization structure to align to the new realities, become agile and responsive to the ever changing business environment.
• And the third is, it always requires adjusting, refreshing, the culture of the company, which itself requires changing some behaviors at the front line, middle management and with the senior team.
Hence it is now obvious that these forces are reshaping the role of HR and putting pressure on the CHRO to focus on business strategy.
Business leaders demand HR to make, execute, and measure the success of workforce plans and decisions based on business outcomes.
(Sessions listed in Central European (Brussels) Timezone, GMT+1)
All Sessions will be recorded and available on demand post event
Click the boxes below for detailed description
Accelerating Change – HR supporting Digital Business Transformation
Siobhan McHale is a ‘culture doctor’ who has worked across four continents helping leaders to deal with disruptive change and create better, more productive workplaces. Her work has been featured as a case study at Harvard Business School by the change management guru Professor John Kotter.
Siobhan is currently employed as the EGM of HR at the Australian-based international consumer goods company Dulux Group. She was sitting in her office nine months ago when she got a call from John, a business unit leader who was frustrated with the slow pace of his digital project, which had been going for over 18 months and had still not delivered his online platform. Change was happening at a glacial pace and an online competitor was already taking market share.
What could HR do to assist in this scenario and help speed up John’s response to this disruptive challenge? In this case study you will learn more about:
- The diagnosis that revealed the true nature of the issue – this was an analogue business in a digital world
- The adaptive change journey to create a truly digital business (not just a website)
- HR’s role in helping John make the shift to a truly digital business
- The powerful tool of ‘reframing’ that is helping accelerate the change